POS SYSTEM UPDATE – WHAT’S NEW IN RELEASE V184.108.40.206
Release Date: April 18th, 2023
IMPORTANT: .NET Framework 4.8 is now required for MyPOS Connect releases. All computers running MyPOS Connect on any Windows version below Windows 10 21H2 may be required to manually install from this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2088631
Following are improvements made in this release of MyPOS Connect:
- Added displaying of cost along with the name of default price beside the existing price to the purchase order Quick Scan screen.
- Added logic to automatically close MyPOS Connect and messaging to advise a reboot when a user’s computer encounters an “out of memory” exception.
- Added new option to control which product description field will be used in the till.
- To setup up go to MyPOS Back Office –> Device Options –> Operational Settings –> Product Column to use as Description in till
- Added new option to enable automatic move to last scanned product after clicking “Done” on the Quick Scan screen when receiving purchase orders or transfers. Note: Depending on the PC this may degrade the speed on the receiving screen of the purchase order or transfer.To setup up go to MyPOS Back Office –> Device Options –> Purchase Order and Transfer options –> Move to last product scanned on Quick Screen
- Added new option to prompt for Reason Codes on Voids (using the Return Reason Codes).
- To setup up go to MyPOS Back Office –> Device Options –> Operational Settings –> Reason Code for Voids
- Changed behaviour on purchase order and transfers search grids where all open purchase orders or transfers will be shown regardless of date created. If the filter is changed to show Closed or <All>, a new prompt will appear suggesting the default date filter be applied.
- Fixed issue where removing security option on a menu button was not being saved in all cases.
- Improved password expiry logic on new and copied users where “Password – Expires in (x) Days” is set. The expiry will automatically be invoked for all new users to force a reset.
- Updated “pass code” to “password” on main login screen to remain consistent with MyPOS Connect terminology.